Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 12 - 25th March 2008

Now in a little village just south of Besancon called Morre, lovely place very friendly. I have just finished an evening meal of 3 courses and coffee for less than €10. The deal is B & B plus evening meal for €45. I met 2 locals that spoke good English, and we chatted for a long time about my trip and since then I have been treated par excellance.

I am now only about 25 miles from the Swiss border, 74 miles today. I have now hit proper hilly terrain. Do not expect so many miles tomorrow. Today was lovely for first 2 hours a complete winter scene, crsip, clean snow with blue sky, then it all changed to grey sky with snow and 3 degrees temp.

My newly acquired French friend tried sending my photos via his lap top but it did not work!

All is good. Jack, the bear, has been much admired! He is good company and useful!

Au revoir

1 comment:

Bonny said...

Wow! I can hardly believe how far you have already cycled!

It sounds like you are having a brilliant time - best of luck in Switzerland.

Keep up the good work ;)

All the best

Bonny
xxx