Monday, March 24, 2008

Days 10 & 11 - 23rd & 24th March 2008

Happy Easter to all, and thanks for all messages. Am now limiting texts to 2 per day - (so check the blog daily for updates!)

Bear, Bike and Boy baring up well!

Got to Langres yesterday 77 miles. Having rest day today as have cycled 6 days and averaged 71 miles per day.

Weather is interesting. Big Snow! I arrived with 2 inches now dropping another 2 inches. It is getting me ready for Switzerland, 2 days cycling away!

As you can imagine I am not camping yet, I have been able to find 1* hotels at €35, in Langres it is €45. I always thought Europe would burn up a bit of dosh!

This is a lovely old town, I met a couple, Lee & Kim from North Korea, he works in embassy in Paris.

I am very pleased with all aspects of my journey to date. Seen industrial north, WW1 areas and cemeteries in very windy, wet and cold conditions, open vast cereal growing areas. Beautiful rolling champagne grape growing hills. Have been keeping a rough note book, so will put it down in my proper diary now.

Tout c'est bon. Au revoir

No comments: