Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 20 - 2nd April 2008

Soon afer a slow and fragile start I managed to get onto a cycle non permitted very fast road around Cremona. The Carabinieri pulled me over, fortunately their timing was 15 minutes too late and I had reached my exit to Mantova where I am now. They gesticulated and sped off!

55 miles today and on mend. Many road kill ponga coypu passed today.



Translation update -

Carabineiri = police [thought so, but online Italian translator didn't say that]

Ponga = coypu, huge river bank rat like thing nearly the size of a badger now eradicated in the UK [nice]!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled by your daily bulletins.
A magnificent effort!
Tom Freemantle congratulated himself on cycling 1000m in his first month - you have done over this in 20 days.
Hope you are now quite recovered.
Greetings for your birthday.
Take care of yourself.
Love,
Margaret and Ean.