Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday 9th June 2008

Ali drives me first to my bike which is in the police car compound in
Miyenneh. The pannier holders are damaged and bent,wheels look OK. It
is sad to see it in such a situation- neglectd and uncared for. However
damage could be a lot worse.

We drive onto HQ Police Station where panniers and bar bag are locked
up in senior officer's cabinet - following a close look all contents
are found to be present - bar bag complete with money, passport, mobile
phone, camera and my diary journal. I am told that we must go to the
judge elsewhere in town to obtain release papers and sign for the bike
and all panniers.

This we do - nice friendly judge. I sign for bike and equipment and
write to the effect that I do not lay the blame on anyone. Blame would
be futile and lose the friendship I have built up with Mr Sadeg and
all his family. I have no memory of collision so have no facts at
all. Complaint would result in a delay with picking up my bike and
equipment and return to Tabriz. Mahmood Ghareih Dagi acts as interpretor and scribe.

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN - I feel very lucky not to be very seriously long term injured. We return to police station with the judge's paperwork and load up panniers into Ali's car. The bike is later picked up by Payman (Mr Sadeg's son 22 yrs old) in a minibus ready for travelling back behind us to Tabriz. Payman is a very polite friendly man who studies electronic engineering. He has an
extraordinary good looking sister Samane (20 yrs old) and another sister Sanaz (9 yrs old)
In the evening we all return to Tabriz with all equipment, we arrive in the early hours of Tue 10 June. I am feeling exhausted, everyone is tired.

No comments: