Monday, July 21, 2008

Roger's Journal continues - Sunday 8th June 2008

I have stiff neck, back, and very fragile head. My body is weak and feeble, no get up and go in mind or body.
6.10 pm - driven by Ali Safikani (the brother in law of Sadeg Jahangir Zadeh the mini bus driver who hit me), we go to Ali's flat well away from hospital, 3rd storey up, where I meet his wife, friendly and tranquil Zara and his 2 young daughters Meena, 9 yrs, and Meetra, 3 yrs. I am still wearing hospital gown on arrival at flat because I have no other clothing (I would certainly have been wrong in my once very bloody cycle shorts). I am given, by Ali, trousers, long pants, t shirt and shoes to wear. Shoes stay at entrance to flat.

Having settled in we all very quickly head off in Ali's car to Miyenneh 167 kms away. I am in front passenger seat - I feel vunerable and uncomfortable. We arrive at 9.25 pm in Miyenneh at Sadeg's (mini bus driver who hit me) house. Very friendly extended family there including pretty Iranian ladies. Everyone happy and intrigued to see me. I am well looked after but feel on show. I feel very responsible for presenting myself well. My body and head feel awful and weak. An Iranian English teacher Mahmood Ghareih Dagi is there and he helps very much with normal conversation and acts as my interpretor.

I am exhausted but very keen to come in contact with my damaged bike and all my valuables and equipment, held by the police, tomorrow morning.

I in reality, except for my totally unsuitable cycle shorts left behind at Ali's flat in Tabriz, have nothing.

No comments: